The Lower Middlesex Volunteer Fire Department was organized in 1945 by a group of concerned citizens in the lower end of Middlesex County. The only other fire department at the time was in Urbanna, with one truck. Deltaville firemen ordered their first truck, a 1946 Chevrolet Chassis, from Jerry Harrow of Deltaville. The truck was delivered to Oren Fire Equipment Company in Roanoke. The 1946, 500 GPM pump truck was completed and delivered to Deltaville on August 30, 1947 at a cost of $3,545.00.
Click here to read more about our Department